How to Finger Crochet Jute (or anything else), a photo tutorial


Happiest Halloween, y'all!

So this is a special day in our family because 3 years ago I looked like this:
Yes, that is a very pregnant me with my BFF and about to deliver.  :o)  My sweet husband was behind the camera.  She came so fast that this is one of the few pictures I have.  How do you like the hat?  I crocheted a Yoda hat that month for my son and grabbed it as I went out the door.  I was the only pregnant lady walking the halls in semi costume.  Hehehe!

Today I am posting a little photo tutorial on how to finger crochet jute, though you could use any sort of string.  This is just chaining with your fingers.  It's a simple way to make your jute string thicker and more accommodating to being decorated.  As you can see in the title, you can weave in ferns or anything else you desire.  It looks great on yesterday's "DIY $5 Table Canopy" Post.

Enjoy!

Where were you three years ago?

get a head start on Christmas Gift making:


Comments

  1. awesome! I have wanted to try this so now I can :) ty for sharing at Follow along Friday!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Three years ago I was living in a tiny condo in Naples, FL :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Three years, ago, hmm short term memory, don't remember, lol. I know I was with my kids trick or treatin or something, lol.
    Love your prego picture!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you for sharing at our TGIF Link Party at A Peek Into My Paradise. I hope you will be back to link up another awesome post this week!
    Cathy @ http://apeekintomyparadise.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment