Party Time Roundup!


Happiest Halloween, y'all!
It was party time yesterday at our house!
All of my elements I have been making  were finally pulled together:

Clicking the following images will open the pages to the tutorials, printables, and recipes noted.  I have been preparing for this all month and most of these are the tutorials I have made, so you can make the same awesome things for your Halloween!  From the upper right hand corner clockwise to the center:
1. Jack-O-Lantern Luminaries used as vases & tulle bats:
 

2. I am going to put on a tutorial to make the table canopy tomorrow.
 

3. Jack-o-Lantern Balloon Garland and Tulle Spider:


4.Pumpkin Patch Cupcakes:
Pumpkin Cake Recipe from Bird on a Cake, made without the crumbles on top.  The recipe made 36 cupcakes.
I made the buttercream icing.  Here is the recipe:
2 lbs Confectioners Powdered Sugar
3 c. of Butter (6 sticks) at room temperature (no substitutes-margarine is too runny and shortening is gross)
1 T. Pure Vanilla 
3-5 T. of Milk
1/2 tsp. Salt (if you used unsalted butter)
Orange and green food coloring
To make the pumpkins:
I used Wilton tip 98.  Pull a stripe of icing down the middle with the orange icing.
Ice out from there, slightly rounding until the rounded edges.
With the green icing an Wilton tip 5 make a stem off of a center stripe.  Curl vines off of the stem.
Using tip 67 squeeze leaves onto the stem and vines.



I wanted to have the children make these great printable crowns from Piklebums, decorate cookies, and play keep up the Jack-o-Lantern with a JoL balloon, but all they wanted to do was change from costume to costume.  Hahaha!
picklebums tiara template
It was a great day and I am thankful for another sweet year with my pumpkin.  :o)


Comments

  1. Love the post, love the cute decorations, so fun and easy and I love the cute little recipe...thanks for the cute crown cut out...I am a new follower of yours and I would love to visit again,, come on over for a visit...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. October 29, 2013 at 9:35 AM
      Thank you!! Your blog is great and I am a follower of yours now too! :o)
      ReplyDelete

      Delete
  2. Love your post!
    All those pictures are so gorgeous. .
    Thanks for sharing.
    Hope to see you on my blog:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I appreciate your praise, especially in light of how obvious your passion for photography is on your blog as well. I enjoy photography and what an image can do and say in my simple life. :o) Charlie

      Delete
  3. Great party ideas, I appreciate you sharing them at Talking Tuesday.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Your new link party is great! Thank you for hosting! :o)

      Delete
  4. Great roundup! Hope you had a fabulous Halloween! Thanks SO much for sharing at the Frugal Crafty Home Blog Hop!
    Katie

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment