Free Thanksgiving Banner Printable



I wanted to make a little holiday banner for our mantle.  It begged me to do something a little seasonal before all the Christmas decorating joy begins.  I hope you enjoy it.  If you are looking for some additional free matching printables they are here:


Materials for the banner:
3 sheets of 8.5x11" cardstock
Jute or String
A printer
1/4 yards of tulle in red, brown, & orange
hole punch

First print and cut out the letters.  (Right click on the sheet you want and double click "Open image in new tab," then print--Ctrl P or Apple P).:
To prepare the letters for your banner, use your hole punch centered above the letter, inside the circle.  Cut eighteen 10" strings and attach to the letters as shown below.  I attached the letter to my finger crocheted jute by sliding it into the strand and knotting the attaching string above the strand--not tying it around the string allowed me to easily adjust how the letters hung.
Here is my tutorial on how the finger crochet jute or whatever pleases you:
One more step to go!
I made 3 tulle pom-poms to go on the edges.  I cut each of the pieces of tulle into 2 long halves.  Use the method from making a tulle spider's head to make the tulle pom-poms.  Cut 2 jute strings 14" long, 2 jute strings 19" long, & 2 jute strings  24" long to tie the pom-poms.  Slide 3 strands into the jute strand and tie in a know above the strand, just like the letters.

Happy Thanksgiving!

Looking for more Thanksgiving fun?


Comments

  1. Super cute! I needed the tutorial on finger crocheting..it always appeals to me! Thanks so much for stopping by chapter37 and for your kind comment!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Pretty printable! Although the cutting looks like a lot of work! I made one of those for my sister's bridal shower and it took me for-ever to cut all the letters out! I may just stick to pre-made banners in the future ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I just cut it out in an oval, if I would have cut around the petals it would have been forever! I don't think I would do it either. It's cute enough without the extra time. It did take me almost an hour to make it after I had them printed out, which is longer than I thought it would take.

      Delete

Post a Comment