Kolacky, Thumb Print Jelly Cookies Recipe


Happy New Year, y'all!  We just finished our last Christmas celebration yesterday and I am finally getting things back to normal.  I think it is going to take me a few weeks to blog all of the new patterns and tutorials I made last month.  I didn't make a single new Christmas decoration though!  That's sad!  I'll have to do better this year.  I feel a resolution coming on!

I made these cookies yesterday for my family.  They are a Czech cookie are my husband's childhood favorite!  (His mom is half Czech.)  I think you will love them too!

Ingredients:
3 ounces cream cheese room temperature
1/2 cup butter, softened
1 cup all-purpose flour
1/2 cup any flavor fruit jam or Solo Cake and Pastry Filling
confectioners' sugar


  1. Mix cream cheese and butter until smooth. Add flour slowly until well blended. Shape into a ball and chill overnight or for several hours.
  2. Preheat oven to 400 degrees F (180 degrees C). Roll dough out 1/8 inch thick on a floured pastry board. Use round cookie cutter to cut them out (I used a "All Fruit" jelly jar, about 2" in diameter) and place 1/2 tsp (approx) of filling. (Solo's is awesome!) Place on ungreased cookie sheets. They can be placed touching one another. 
  3. Bake for 10 to 12 minutes in the preheated oven. Cool. Sprinkle with confectioner's sugar.
Enjoy! I am looking forward to the coming year and I hope y'all will join me in the blogging fun!
God bless and keep you and yours in 2014!

Check out the link parties I love and have linked this on!

Comments

  1. Family recipes are the best! These sound amazing. Totally want to try one.
    We would love to have you join us at our weekly Super Saturday Link Party. It goes live tonight at 7 MST at www.madefrompinterest.net. It would be our honor to have you share your great work with us!

    ReplyDelete
  2. These look really good. Thanks for sharing the recipe! Pinning you from PINcentive.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment