A Mermaid Shell Top for Lila

Blythe declared that Lila needed a mermaid shell top like Arial.
Lila isn't as busty as her Disney friend, but she's pretty cute in her shell top!  I am afraid that she is rarely dressed in anything else.  I guess I can consider her mermaid outfit a complete success because Miss B just loves it!  :o)  This tutorial is a bit different than my usual ones.  I am afraid that I was under the weather when I made it.  I did a small photo tutorial for the steps needed to create the top but all of the directions are on the sheet with the pattern.  I hope your little mermaid will love her creation as much as mine does!

Here is the pattern and istructions.  (Right click on the sheet and left click "Open image in new tab," then print--Ctrl P or Apple P.  Make sure that it is printing at 100% and not "fit to page.") The rectangular strip is approximately 1 1/8" x 4".

 I originally made this as a mini-guest post for Simple Nature Decor.  Maria enjoys using natural elements as inspiration and for decorating.  She has lovely posts on both her inspirations and projects.

 Here is Lila's Free Doll Pattern:
There are more links to facial embroidery, wig making, doll clothes and another free doll pattern under the "Doll Making" selection on the "Tutorials & Patterns" drop menu.

Lila's Mermaid Tail is on here too!

Comments

  1. Very nice. :) I love the doll as well. Thanks for sharing on the Wake Up Wednesday Linky!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so cute, Charlie! My daughter is learning to sew, and we may be trying this out! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love that! I hope she enjoys it. You and she make such adorable things together.

      Delete
  3. It's so cute! And thank you for sharing the pattern.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment