DIY Loch Ness Monster T-shirt



I wanted to find Alexander a Loch Ness Monster Tshirt for his birthday, but I didn't find one that I thought was perfect.  I did like a shirt of Nessie for him, but BELIEVER was written boldly underneath it and it was too overstated for me.
So, I started thinking about what I would like and designed 2 shirts.  This is the first one.  I made a my own digital cutout version of the original iconic 1938 image.  Not only do I like this better, but I haven't infringed on anyone's copyright by making my own.  That's a big deal to me.  I also put "believer," but made it understated and off to the corner.  It's nice to be able to make things exactly as you would like them.  I hope you like it too!  :o)
Materials:
Dark T-shirt Transfer Sheet (it will have a white background, instead of a transparent)
Parchment Paper
Iron
T-shirt

Print this at 100% onto your transfer sheet.  I have a PDF of the transfer also, click here to access it. The pack of paper you buy to do this with will have directions on how to use it.  I used June Tailor's "Dark 'Iron On' Inkjet T Shirt Transfers."  I had to let the transfer dry for 30 minutes.  Then I cut out the the black frame.
This image is for personal use only.  I do not authorize any commercial use or movement of this image or copy thereof from this blog or my Google Drive onto any other website.

Alexander's T-shirt was an Adult size M.  I placed it 4 inches from each sleeve and 8 inches from the top shoulder seam.  I think it would have been better 6 inches from the top.
I ironed it on using the parchment paper as the package recommended and doubled the amount of time ironing because the T-shirt was 100% cotton.

Alexander liked it.  He laughed and said, "Wait 'til my friends see!"  Success!


Comments

  1. Ha! That is funny, I think I will start working on the t-shirt for my son soon (and get the Loch Ness monster as well!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great idea I bet Alexander was so proud of his shirt. Thank you for sharing it on our Four Seasons Blog Hop.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for hosting and coming by! He was very happy with it! :o)

      Delete
  3. Wow, your son looks just like you! Your whole family is beautiful! What a great idea for a tee shirt! He looks so happy! Wonderful Post! Thanks for entering this one too! Maria :))

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's so sweet of you Maria! Thank you. He does have my facial features, but the older he gets the more I see my husbands bone structure coming out. He's a good combo. Hahaha! :o)

      Delete
  4. Oh my 10 year old would love this shirt! Definitely cool!

    Thank you so much for sharing at Show-Licious Craft & Recipe Party! Pinning to our Party Board!

    ~ Ashley

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hahaha! That's great! I hope you make him one!

      Delete
  5. Replies
    1. Well, given your proximity to the Loch I am not surprised! You should make a family set and try to look like tourists! :oD

      Delete

Post a Comment