Free & Easy Pattern & Tutorial for an 18" American Girl Doll's Capri Pants


This pattern has been a little delayed in coming because I have been seriously nesting!  Cleaning, organizing, donating in a fury.  I just HAD to do it, and considering how rarely I enjoy cleaning instead of doing it because I need to, I thought I better just go with it.  I plan on finishing up my craft-room/dining room cleaning and organizing today and begin painting Blythe's room towards the end of this week.  Have any of you nested in a serious way before?  This is intense!  

I am taking a break this morning to put up this overdue post for y'all.  It's fast, quick and easy--my favorite kind of pattern!  

It is Part 3 of a 3 part pattern & tutorials mini series for a complete 18 inch doll outfit.

Part 1 is the reversible dress pattern and tutorial.
Part 2 is the embroidery tutorial to embellish the dress.
Part 3 is the capris pattern and tutorial.

Here is the pattern.  You can click on it and print it at 100% or go to the PDF.
Materials:
Left over fabric from the dress or 1/4 yard fabric
8" of 1/4" Elastic
Thread
Optional: Ric-Rac

*Before I began with the tutorial, I seamed the bottom edges up on each piece and put ric-rac on it.*

Comments

  1. This is so cute! :)

    Thanks for joining the Link Up this week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Super cute! Thanks for linking up to Snickerdoodle Sunday!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So cute! have to make some for my daughter's doll!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's great! I am sure that she will love them most especially because you made them! :o)

      Delete
  4. These are soooo sweet! If only I could sew. Thanks for sharing with Creative Spark Link Party.
    Glenna @ My Paper Craze

    ReplyDelete
  5. Cute AG pants. I think I need to make some of these for my grand daughter.
    Thanks,
    Bev

    ReplyDelete
  6. Adorable! Pinned! Thanks for sharing!
    Hope you have a wonderful weekend!
    Hugs from Portugal,
    Ana Love Craft
    www.lovecraft2012.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thank you for the free patterns; they are adorable!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are welcome! I hope they bring joy to you and some one you love! :o)

      Delete
  8. Great pattern and tutorial. Gave it a test drive and it works perfectly. Pinned and shared on my facebook page https://www.facebook.com/FreshJuniperBlog
    Thanks!
    Reecea

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment