The Walking Dead, Our Impromptu Tour

This week I had the pleasure of Canaan's, my baby sister, company for 5 days.  As we were driving around, she commented, "Wow!  This really reminds me of  'The Walking Dead.'"  I told her that since it was filmed around here, that was not surprising.  She began fangirling and demanding to know why I had never told her this life changing news.  Long story short, we went on a bit of a "Walking Dead Tour."  And found out how to become an extra on the show, into the bargain.

 Here is downtown Senoia, GA aka "Woodbury."  Canaan is standing where a bunch of tires were piled for the filming.  On the righthand side of the photo, at the end of the street, is "Woodbury Coffee House."  We ate lunch there and found out that Maggie had been by for breakfast.  I think Canaan was ready to become a stalker.
The train tracks running out of downtown reminded her of Terminus.  They have a "Walking Dead" Shop on Main Street.  Canaan went in, but I didn't think it would be a good idea to take Blythe in.  We went to three of the several Antique Shops on Main Street instead.  Senoia is a charming town.
 We found the "Pudding House" where Carl sat on the roof and ate a ridiculous amount of chocolate pudding.  The road in front of the house was also used in a scene where Daryl lured 2 walkers to an area and destroyed them.  It's ironic to me how happy all of these recollections made Canaan.
We found out that there is a 2 hour tour for $10 that we could do in town & it would take us inside of the house, but we didn't have time.  Something for the next time she is down here.
 We saw the construction of the "Wall" for Season 5 of "The Walking Dead."
And even had her picture made beside it.

There are apps you can download from "GA Dead Tours" for free and take a self guided tour for fun.

Before we left we had some hand dipped Mayfield's ice cream from a shop on Main Street and headed off to the the jail.  It turns out that the jail is also a studio, so we couldn't go in.  The lady at the entrance was super sweet, but wanted to know why we didn't bring her any ice cream.  Oops!
She gave us some great information:
If you want to be an extra on "The Walking Dead" sign up on the link. They basically need your age, height, weight and a picture.
And give your email on AMC's site for TWD because every year they do a contest and bring the winners in for an insider's tour and zombie-fy them.

Even though the show is a bit too gory for me, I had a great time with my little sister and our impromptu tour!
Soon I will be posting what's the DIY with the past 6 weeks that I have been neglecting my blog.
Have a great weekend!







Comments

  1. Great photos! I watch the show but haven't seen the most recent season yet - waiting for it to come on netflix. We used to live north of Atlanta and still visit family back there - this tour is something to think about doing when we are visiting GA.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was fun to do with Canaan, so I am sure you would have a great time with your family! I am from N. GA too. :o) It's surprisingly hotter down here!

      Delete
  2. I love this and I am extremely jealous! I love, LOVE the Waling Dead!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Echo! I hope the new season will deliver for you. It was interesting to be able to see a sneak peak of what was on the way for fall. :o)

      Delete
  3. This is sooo fun! I love this post and I would love to visit there but I think it would be a fun kind of creepy. lol

    Visiting from Monday Funday!!!
    Cheers,
    Dee
    www.thecsiproject.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was all fun! But I know what you mean. If I saw filming with the ppl made up as zombies it would be creepy!

      Delete
  4. I m fun the Waling Dead. On the pictures this place looks so lovely :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Joanna! I am not sure what you are trying to tell me in the first half, but it is a lovely place. However, I'm a fan of your blog and love the new Etsy drawings of chickens you have!

      Delete
  5. You know, I've never seen the show, but I think it's cool that you can take a tour of where it is filmed. The antique shops sound fun! Thanks for sharing your tour at Snickerdoodle. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for hosting and stopping by Dee! It's a really nice town. I really like it.

      Delete
  6. What fun! I have been dying to watch TWD, but I want to start at season one first. Thanks for sharing the fun at Fridays Unfolded!

    Alison
    Nancherrow

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's on Netflix. :o) Thanks for stopping by Alison!

      Delete
  7. How fun! I love that show! I would love to have you link it up to my Feature Friday Link Palooza!

    Danielle @ Blissful & Domestic
    http://www.blissfulanddomestic.com/search/label/Feature%20Friday%20Linky%20Party

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I will try to do that tomorrow! Thank you for the invite! :o)

      Delete
  8. So much fun! I bet you can not wait until October.

    #ThursdayFavoriteThings

    ReplyDelete
  9. She had a great time. It was fun to do with my baby sister. I love being with her.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment