THM Pecan Pie (Sugar free and Low Carb) S

I am loving my THM journey and all the wonderful food that I am reinventing for my family. Here is my latest, just in time for Thanksgiving!

Preheat the Oven to 350.

Make the Syrup First:
Ingredients:
1/4 cup and 2 T of water
3/4 cup of Gentle Sweet
2 tsp of Gluccie
1 tsp Black Strap Molasses
1/2 tsp Maple Syrup Extract
1/2 tsp of Vanilla
Bring water and Gentle Sweet to a boil.
Quickly wisk is the Gluccie and Black Strap Molasses.
Cook while vigorously stirring for 2 minutes.
Take off the heat and add the Maple Syrup Extract and Vanilla.
Set aside and make the crust.

For the Crust:
(I make a press in variation of the "Traditional Pie Crust" but you could use a nut based crust if you wanted too.)
Ingredients:
1 cup of Baking Blend
5 T of  melted butter
1 T of Super Sweet
 1/4 tsp salt
1/2 tsp of vanilla
1/4 tsp of cinammonh
2 egg yolks
Process all of them together and press them into a pie plate. Bake for 10 minutes. Remove it from the oven.

Reduce your oven temperature to 275. 

Time to make the filling!
Ingredients:
5 T butter melted
1/2 cup and 2 T of Gentle Sweet
1 tsp of Black Strap Molasses
1/2 tsp salt
The syrup you made at first
2 tsp vanilla extract
1 tsp cinnamon
1/4 tsp nutmeg
2 1/4 c. pecans
2 eggs
Mix the butter, Gentle Sweet, salt, syrup you made, vanilla, cinnamon, and nutmeg together until well combined.  Stir in the nuts until they are all well coated.  Break the eggs into the mixture and stir until just combined.  Do NOT over stir or beat the eggs.

Pour into the warm crust. Remember you have reduced your oven temp to 275. Bake for 1 hour.  To test if your pie is ready to come out of the oven, take a spoon and gently press the back of it against the top on the pie.  If it springs up like set jello then it is done, if it is still seems liquidy under the surface then let it cook for 5-10 minutes longer and test it again. 

Comments

  1. Wondering if this pie has a good amount of filling? All low carb pecsn pies I have ever made lacked in the filing department.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is heavy on nuts. I made it that way because that’s how I like it. If you look at my original recipe on this blog you will see it has the same amount. Whether that’s too much for you or not I don’t know. I hope you enjoy it though.

      Delete
  2. Excited to give this a Go! Thanks for coming up with this!
    Any idea what and how much to use of another sweetener? I don't have Gentle Sweet ...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Gentle sweet is just a mixture of xylitol, erythritol, and Stevia. To make it yourself you use one cup of xylitol plus one cup of a erythritol and one heaping teaspoon of Stevia.

      Delete
  3. The recipe looks wonderful! Thank you for sharing it. I was wondering where you buy your maple syrup extract? :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have it in the oven and am keeping my fingers crossed!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Use of gluccie is pure mad scientist genius! Maybe I've been missing them but this is the only low carb pie recipe that I've seen so far that best approximates the forbidden Karo syrup used in traditional pies. It's a definite keeper and THANKS!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Would it be possible to use xanthan gum instead of gluccie?

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment