How to get pictures of your newborn looking into the camera.



After being a professional photographer for 10 years I have developed a few tricks that I feel are worth knowing to capture better pictures of your family and friends.  I will share some from time to time, when I feel the need or if you have a request.  I hope they will help you achieve wonderful pictures of those you love.

I noticed somewhere along the way that newborns tended to look at my umbrella lights intently. I realized that it made sense for them to be so absorbed with the lights because a newborn can see light better than anything else. The only thing to do at that point was use it to my advantage. I have a glowing light by my camera or near it when I'm taking pictures of new babies and then I capture pictures where they seem to be looking in the camera. It is great especially if you can get them to smile. This trick is for newborn to 3 month old. Here's another example from my own sweet girl. Enjoy! 

Next week I'll talk about how to get ready to take wonderful pictures of your baby.



As a disclaimer, I want everyone to know that I have taken some awful pictures of my kids and I'm a professional. I have files that are archived under fail. Just because you don't get good pictures of your kids one day doesn't mean you won't be able to get the next. So don't be discouraged! Just keep trying! :o)

Comments

  1. Thanks Laura! It is a surprisingly simple idea with effective results. When I realized it I felt like I should have known that already! Its funny how things come to you.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment