Tutorial: DIY Ruffled Letters

I bought these cardboard letters for Blythe's room 7 months ago! Another example of me taking forever to make a decision about how to make or decorate something simple. I seriously went through a ridiculous amount of mental options about how I should do it & just decided 2 weeks ago. Why do I do that?
I painted the letters with the same paint I used on the walls so that the would look like 3D Elements coming off of the wall and made ruffles in a slightly darker aqua to go over the top of them. I used a technique for curling and sealing the edges of my fabric that I have used to make flower petals. I love adapting what I know into something new!

Materials:
thin fabric lining of a man-made material
(I used 1/2 a yard.)
Cutting and measuring tool
Thread
Sewing Machine or Needle (Step 3 can easily be done by hand.)
Candle

Hanging up the letters is super simple. Just place a piece of painter's tape right below where you want to place the letters and use poster tack to position them in a straight line.
The framed printables hanging on her wall are original designs made by me.  Print your own from my free printables posts.
Have a wonderful week!

Shared at these Party Places & "Wow us Wednesday."

Comments

  1. Too cute, love this idea and the color is so pretty! Pinning and now following you on G+ :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. So cute and creative. I don't believe I've seen anything like this before. Thank you for sharing with us at Wake Up Wednesday!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I try to put original ideas out there, I am glad you like it! :o)

      Delete

Post a Comment